Urgent care centers like Getwell Urgent Care can help with your back pain. We are fully equipped with onsite vital diagnostic technology and can perform x-rays of the c-spine, l-spine, and t-spine to diagnose the severity of your back pain.
Signs of severe back pain that can be treated at an urgent care
Visit your local urgent care center if you are experiencing one or more of the following signs or symptoms:
- Back strain or a sprain from overuse or lifting something the wrong way.
- Pain, numbness or weakness in an arm or leg, and you suspect a herniated disc.
- You have chronic back pain and are experiencing a flare-up.
- You have persistent pain in the middle of your back as well as pain while urinating, fever, chills, nausea and vomiting. These could be signs of a bladder infection.
- You have a sudden onset of acute back pain (without having done anything strenuous) along with abdominal pain. These two symptoms together may be symptoms of abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Signs of severe back pain that must be treated at an emergency room
Visit your nearest emergency room if you are experiencing one or more of the following signs or symptoms:
- You suffered a direct injury to your back or spinal cord.
- You have severe lower back pain, motor weakness, sensory loss, pain in one or both legs and you are unable to control your bladder or bowels. These could be signs of Cuada Equine Syndrome (CES) and could lead to permanent paralysis if left untreated.
If you’re experiencing severe back pain, the skilled specialists at Getwell Urgent Care can help you in less time than it typically takes to get treated in an emergency room. Our facility is fully equipped and can relieve your back pain with the medical attention and treatment you need.